National Entrepreneurial Development Division (NEDD)
content being developed.
The Government’s vision for diversification hinges on supporting Kittitians and Nevisians to develop locally-based businesses. Entrepreneurs are the heart and soul of the St Kitts and Nevis economy now and in the future.
The National Entrepreneurial Development Division (NEDD) is a division dedicated to serving the needs of micro, small, and medium-size businesses. NEDD’s mandate is to help with the startup and development stages of small businesses in order to foster a more diverse economy and to give small business owners the tools they need to grow and sustain themselves in the long term.
How NEDD Serves Small Business:
The NEDD team provides direct, in-person consultation as well as public workshops and presentations. This team:
· Assists with registry and licensing procedures
· Guides new business owners through the process of applying for duty free concessions and other relief or incentives
· Helps new business owners to write their business plan to access funding
· Trains small business owners in financial planning, sales and marketing, accounting, human resources, quality assurance, and other basic business principles
· Helps to create opportunities for small businesses to market their products and services through networking and participation in business and trade fairs
Every week, two new businesses on average receive Cabinet approval for duty-free concessions after completing the application process with NEDD. It takes just one (1) month on average to complete the process.
Stakeholders in NEDD
As a service mechanism of the SIDF (Sugar Industry Diversification Fund), NEDD is indirectly providing services in support of all Government Ministries. However the programme also receives vital and valued support from other stakeholders including: